FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM/Flying Blue - worst customer service
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2005, 7:07 am
gjmv

KLM/Flying Blue - worst customer service

I have had the worst experience with customer service where KLM and Flying Blue are pointing fingers at each other, tricking me into paying €325 without any benefit.

A few weeks ago, I booked a flight in economy from AMS to SIN on KLM.com. Last week I decided to use my FB miles and upgrade it to business. This led to the following situation:

1) FB to upgrade but they told me that I have the wrong class - K instead of B. I dont remember seeing anything on the KLM/FB about upgrades being dependent on class but also, I had not choice when I booked online. I had to call KLM.

2) A couple of calls followed to the KLM number on my ticket but they could not help me as it was an e-ticket, called other number who were unable to help me but the they finally gave me the KLM number in France.

3) Call to KLM in France where I explained the situation to the lady that I wanted to upgrade and had to change my class. She told me that it would cost €325 to change the class to B. I made clear I only wanted to do this to upgrade to business with my miles. She checked and confirmed that there was availability to upgrade. I went ahead with this and paid to change the class.

4) I immediately call back to Flying Blue to finalise the upgrade and the lady there tells me that they have NO availability to upgrade me! And this is where it gets very frustrating. I explained the situation but there was no way that she was going to help me. She told me that it was KLM's mistake and they should fix it. It was not her responsibility and was not inclined to be helpful in anyway. She told me that FB and KLM are two seperate companies and she deals with 9 other reward programmes. When I asked to speak to a manager, she didn't let me as "there's nobody else here". The only option I had left was to call KLM again.

5) After this I called KLM again and explained the situation again to the person there but they were saying that it was an issue of FB! So I should discuss it with Flying Blue and not with KLM. I was clearly something promised by KLM that there is availability to upgrade but now they cannot deliver. When I asked to complain and speak to a manager, I got the answer that I should fill out a form on the website.

Needless to say that I have not had any reply from KLM on the submitted form on their website.

This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I do not care if FB and KLM are two seperate companies, I have bought one ticket which I want to upgrade with the miles which I have earned. I do not appreciate being tricked into paying €325 for a useless change from K to B class with empty promises.

On top of this, there is nobody who I can direct this question to except a useless webform. Does anyone know the contact details of someone at KLM who I can talk to to get this sorted out?

Thanks,
Guido