FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you behave in another religion's place of worship?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:42 pm
rives21

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA MM Lifetime Gold, BA Silver
Okay, several of the recent posters have obviously not read through the entire thread. Jakebeth, your question about how often I see people sitting at Mass has been asked and answered above. And to the poster who asked why I think that standing during the Consecration is acceptable, again please see above. Also, if anyone would like to see it in practice, the Marsh Chapel at Boston University holds Catholic Mass three times on Sunday's and everyone stands throughout the Consecration (no kneelers at this chapel).

Also, I'd like to note that I am in complete agreement with Kokonutz (sp?) who indicated that he is happy to see virtually anyone in church. I agree with the welcoming, warm-hearted sentiment. In fact, no where in this thread have I advocated closing the doors. Finally, I also agree with the notion that the Mass can be a very personal experience and that one shouldn't worry too much about what the guy in the back row is doing. I completely agree with that too. I don't worry too much about it either. I just happened to mention my thoughts on the topic on this thread and many people have asked questions about it since, which I've tried to honestly answer.