FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Molokai - Where to stay, what to do, where to eat, activities" thread
Old Dec 8, 2005, 9:59 am
rhwbullhead

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I returned from a trip to Maui last week. My friend and I took a one day Molokai package from the Molokai ferry group. It's listed as "Cruise/Car Molokai Package"

I'll address some of the OP's questions:

-You can't bring a car on the ferry. It's a small boat that has no room for cars.

-You'll definately want to take the ferry to Maui as there is a ton of stuff to see in Maui. You can hit the main sites on Molokai in a day. As others have said, the island is more about relaxation. Staying there for 12 days will give you time to hike the trails and just relax.

-I just saw that in a later post, you said you had already been to Maui. I'm guess, then, that you've seen most, if not all the sites. If you haven't, then you should go check out the places you missed on your first trip. If you have seen everything, then you still might want to go to Maui if you start to get bored in Molokai.

-You could take the ferry to Maui every day, but keep in mind that it will cost you $80 a person round trip every day if you wanted to do that.

-There is a ferry between Maui & Lanai if you want to check out Lanai at some point.

Last edited by rhwbullhead; Dec 8, 2005 at 10:12 am