FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Freebies??
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2000, 5:16 pm
jetsetter

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Here is my lifetime comp story from DL:
(*probably better documented here than in my "permanent file.")

1. Hotel accommodations in DCA due to weather related delay;
2. Hotel accommodations another time in DCA with vouchers for dinner/breakfast (I think $6 and $8);
3. In ATL 3,000 miles because an agent was rude to me. I was not elite, and what I really wanted was a one segment upgrade, but all they would offer was the 3,000 miles. Then the F/A gave me a beer and he said it was "on him," not sure if any connection to events of that day;
4. A one-way ticket on the DL shuttle one time when a flight I was on stand-by on got cancelled due to weather. Basically I was booked for flight Y., got confirmed on earlier flight X., X. xld like literally thirty secs after bp issued, I asked if I could volunteer to be bumped on Flight Y. since I thought it might be full due to xld flight, agent said no vols needed but I would get a free shuttle one way ticket. Don't ask me how/why, it's one of the nicest odd things that has ever happened in the hundreds of flights I have taken. My best hypothesis is they were being nice (had to wait 2 hours in airport), or the shuttle has some guarantee where if they do not have a seat for you free tkt is issued;
5. Shuttle gate agent rude to me, (another time), speak to supervisor, supe says I'm a frequent cust and "I see you all the time...I want you to keep coming to fly with us," so will give me oneway shuttle tkt. Comes back instead with a round trip shuttle free tkt.