FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SJU 2 iClub Awards !?!?!
View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:27 pm
ClimbGuy

You are right it doesn't always work out, but this is one of the worst situations as far as award travel goes. Usually they make higher mileage awards better deals. Like 120k miles first class anywhere in the world, a cash fair like that could cost $12k, vs. a 40k domestic ticket which may run $400.

All in all I think this is an example of the DH failure. The only reason I ever fly Indy is because they are cheap. You cant get booked on another airline if your flight is cancelled, which has been a major problem for me. I have gotten stuck places and had to buy a hotel room. On top of that they don't even refund the ticket. The real problem with there airline is that they promise too much and never got the basics down. The airline is run by a bunch of novices, who don't know how to handle problems when they come up. If you were at IAD at night anytime this summer it was a mob seen (i was there 6 to 10 times and it was always the same). I must say I wish I ran the bar in the indy terminal because they must of had a great biz. I feel bad for all the employees who were lead to believe it would work. I wish them the best too I truly do. I think the best argument I have is this: in late may I was on a flight and sat next to a indy FA, he was telling me about how they were the laughing stock of airlines no one took them seriously, management said they did not want to be like Virgin. He told me that anyone what mad fun of the airline had a right to do so because they screwed so many things up. When employees are saying things like that you know the company is messed up.

Originally Posted by yevlesh2
Every airline has award charts which don't quite make sense. Why is is 25 K on UA to ANC and 35K to MEX when in the summer the cheapest WAS - ANC ticket is $500+ while the cheapest WAS - MEX ticket can be had for 200-250 ?
That's just how the program works, and they make it VERY clear to you when you join it.

Re: the jumping out idea, I was about to suggest it, but you beat me to it . Let us know how the jump went .