FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MM Status to matter in 2001 and LAX Developments
Old Nov 8, 2000, 2:35 pm
mikey1003
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeffreyt:
[B]I was in the LAX CRC this morning and heard some great news/rumors and hope they pan out. Anyone have more definitive answers. The first, to me, is the most important.

1. MM status will count in waitlists, upgrades, standby's etc. along with status, etc. in 2001. Previously, it did not, or so the CRC gang says.

If this is true (--and Million Mile status should really mean something--) WHAT WILL DELTA TAKE AWAY FROM PLATINUM AND GOLD MEDALLION MEMBERSHIP?? Maybe they will only be able to upgrade a full "Y" fare on the Tuesday after the full moon with a 90 day advanced ticket purchase.

Everything that Delta has ever given us has been met with more that they have taken away from us.

Seriously,Preferred status for Million Milers should have always been offered...I have 3 million miles and still saw 2 empty first class seats on a flight last week when I had a "U" fare. My real question is this: Delta has been looking at future revenue not past...so what more can MM get for us than PM should already be doing? And, at what cost?

Those of you who are flying today, that are not old farts like me, should have something to look forward to (in the way of perks) from any airline you support with your dollars. Delta's recent history does not give any of us a chance!