FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Out of Biz airline standby policy
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:43 am
DHAST

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
How do you prove you had a reservation with DH when you go to the UAL desk, can you show a reservation print out? I mean anyone can make a fake one in about 1 minute. Also, if I file a complaint with master card and get a fair refund aren't i getting a flight for $50? From what I am hearing my translation of this is that I should book a lot of flights with indy for 2006. Then when they shut down I call up the card company and get my money back. After that, I fly standby for $50. To me this sounds like the deal of a lifetime. Other than $29 indy fairs which are less than the fee, but as far as flights to Vegas or San Juan its a real deal.
It's called a paper ticket, get them while they last... and probably pay a fee for it too. If you hold a paper ticket and dispute the charge, you might get away with it. But what happens if Indy hangs on longer than you expect?

BTW, standby sucks, and it is far from the deal of a lifetime. $200 rt (revenue ticket) on a transcon, now that's a deal of a lifetime.