FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Xian (Xi'an), China [Master Thread]
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:55 am
kevinsac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by mario33
On the positive side, the St Regis Beijing does participate in the Starwood Privilege programme which entitle members discounted dining at the property.
OK.....educate me. I have been Platinum for years now. I have stayed at all levels of Starwood properties. I have never heard of "Starwood Privilege." What is it, what are the benefits, and more importantly....how do I get these benefits?

Originally Posted by shoodawg
Avoid the Sheraton Great Wall at all costs. This is an intolerant hotel. The only Starwood location in the world that we have found intolerant in fact.
Shoodawg....I am very curious about what you mean? How were they intolerant....and against what? Regardless of any local customs, it bothers me that hotel staff (which serves customers from around the world) would be intolerant.

We avoided the Great Wall and went to St Regis because we wanted to pamper ourselves.....and we booked a suite with SPG50 for about $150/night. And that was a spectacular room.....and one of the best hotel bathrooms in the world!