Thread: Is it just me?
View Single Post
Old May 23, 01, 4:55 pm
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
How many of you have selected the hotel chain, airline based on perks offered by their Elite levels? How many of you did some sort of research to see who would give you the biggest bang for your buck? I know I did, I travel typically 300 nights a year so I am top tier in Hh, MR, and SPG. I chose my chains based on location, price (as much as I could get rates within corp guidelines) and amenities. When you sleep in a hotel 300 nights, fly 50K on 3 diff airlines and rent cars 40 to 50 weeks a year (lower expectations does = less complaints) the little things do matter. I should be entitled to the perks as advertised a vast majority of the time (not 100% of the time as I know its not always available). If it is available I am entitled to them whether its a bounceback rate or full rack rate. I chose this company based on the total package which includes upgrades, water, soda, suite etc. Like most when I was in college, I was happy on the $19 ow BOS to EWR shuttle where I had to pay for a soda while sitting in my middle seat in the rear next to another hung over college student.

AS for the free b/fast, I better get it, its in the advertising, its in the brochure, its their obligation based on my patronage. IF they didn't have the amenities I chose, I would find another chain that did. Ditto for airlines, thats why I switched from DL to CO as my primary carrier, when they started this bs on LUser fares not being upgradeable it was the last straw. yeah they are cheapo fares but CO allows upgrades on them so see ya DL.

Am I asking for more than I deserve on my $65 gov't rate tonight by expecting concierge level access? I don't think so, I've given this chain tons of cash, that I could have given to another chain.

And I like the food store privledged customer line (Ralph's are you reading this) and while we are at it, lets do it at the gym and gas stations too.