FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me?
Thread: Is it just me?
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2001, 2:29 pm
ziobacio

Programs: AAdvantage
homey's post made me laugh. I agree.

I am a lurker, not a poster here. (May have posted once.) I like and use all the good information, but...

My wife and I try to get FF miles in order to travel, not to upgrade. Most posters here seem obsessed with getting upgrades, "elite" status, having their own line for check-in, board first and get off first, and not have to mingle with the cattle (like me!). How dare one of us proles try to use their overhead bins or their bathroom up front??!! Gasp! I find this partly amusing and partly offensive.

Many other businesses do not automatically treat frequent customers specially. How would you feel about a special checkout station at the grocery?

I think FF programs began as a marketing tool but have taken on a life and culture of their own.

I cannot imagine getting on an airplane just for miles and 'elite' status. We get on an airplane to go places, generally traveling internationally twice a year -- in the back with the rest of the cattle. We'd much rather take two trips in coach than one trip in business or FC.

Different strokes for different folks!