FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning points through non-hilton site?
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:43 pm
MilesTalk
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Montreal
But what about when you book a complete package through travelocity.com that includes air + hotel + car??

I am choosing Hilton even though it says "add $99 per person for the stay" in hopes of getting points - really there is no way Hilton could isolate/invoke best rate guarantee when complete packages are booked through travel agencies as it is not possible to isolate charges for each item in package! Most of the times I do see top class hotels listed as part of a total package work out to be way cheaper than booking nights directly through hotel sites.
You will not be rewarded for your loyalty. Most of the chains now ignore any loyalty shown in situations like this. You get your big discount but they will give you no credit (that means no stay credit and no points - benefits are at the discretion of the hotel) for choosing them over any other hotel.

I personally think this is bad business as once you klnow this you tend to stop showing loyalty to the chain when you can get a much better deal in a package and you know that you won't get any special treatment by picking the chain you are normally loyal to.