FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! I need help from the ladies!
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:17 pm
Fair Dinkum Flyer

Very late to add this...but how about a Treasure Hunt?

...but as a newbie and also someone who used to work for AA arranging these things for husbands all the time, may I suggest the one that blew me away?

Husband and wife married for many years, and luckily he knew all of her favourite movies, a particular passion of his bride. He decided to do 12 trips (1/mo) with the missus, but did it as a Treasure Hunt. Every week, he would leave her small clues about the upcoming trip in the laundry, in her briefcase, on the dashboard, taped to the mirror after he had went on business out of town, etc. The trips built on one another: NY area for Kodak plant, etc, and Niagara Falls to replay scene from Monroe's "Niagara"; North Carolina for Outer Banks and area from another fave "Cape Fear"; Rome, London and Paris for an Audrey Tour...the end cumulated in early spring the following year for a 6th floor hotel suite (complete with a rented tux and gown!) across from the Oscars. They even got a chance to be a seat-filler at the last minute, thanks to those same rented clothes. :-:

For 52 weeks she put these clues together and eagerly anticipated the next adventure. After completion of the Hunt, little did he know that she was already doing something for *his* likes, too. Hers was the movies, his was famous 'game' sites: Yankee Stadium, Berlin Olympics, Chicago's Wrigley Field, etc. They raved about the experience, even when things went awry a few times with baggage and work...highly recommended and a good travel person/good travel site can help a great deal.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll get this one right, too.