FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - L Fares and Upgrades
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 1998, 7:25 am
JoanH
Original Member

Atlanta to Savannah L fares are $76.00. ATL to MEM - $96.00, ATL to MCO/TPA or MSY run $116.00. To MIA/BWI/IAH/ORD run around $158 but as a business traveler, I do not always know where I will be needed 21 days in advance nor will I stay over a Saturday night and charge my company for unnecessary hotel and car charged to save a buck on airfare. Nor will I steal as some elites I know do by doing the ole "back to back ticketing strategy" (i.e cheat/lie) to get a lower fare. I wouldn't risk embarrassing myself or my company by trying to cheat another company. Also, in most of the markets that I travel in, even the B fares are pretty high. Sometimes, I can get an H or Q that is a walk up special but even those are sometimes 2 and 3 times higher than the L fares. And trust me, if I qualify for an L fare, I will get it and I will not stand at the gate or in the Crown Room crying over not being able to upgrade like I see so many others doing these days.

Also - MY Delta friends tell me that they make more off of Gold members paying real fares than Platinums paying Ls and making Platinum by trying to connect through 5 cities to bulk up their segment count.

And to Mr. Kelly - Yes, you might be able to do my job cheaper than I do but then again, you get what you pay for.