FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - L Fares and Upgrades
View Single Post
Old May 18, 1998, 4:31 pm
HRProfAtl
Original Member

I wrote a letter to Robert Coggins providing feedback regarding L fares and received a reply from the Manager of Consumer Affairs . His reply was, basically, seats are sold to the highest bidder and we really don't appreciate you PM's! I copied his letter and attached it to a letter I wrote to Leo Mullin who sent it back to the Manager of Consumer Affairs! This time he apologized for not responding to my original statement -- I purchase L fares being fiscally responsible and my loyalty is not being rewarded that a Medallion paying an K fare is more important because of the incremental revenue. I really don't believe my statement was every fully understood!

I will still make PM status this year but when there is another choice of airline, I do consider it because Coach in American and United isn't that bad!

I do appreciate the Crown Room perk and Delta does still have a generous upgrade program but they did not handle the "take-away" well. They took away our ability to upgrade but we didn't receive anything in response.

I also agree with the other comments -- Delta should let us upgrade if there is a seat available. I am also a member of the Escape Plan and the powerful gate agents in the past upgraded me to F even though they weren't supposed to on a T fare. Now I am told the gate agents "get in trouble" if they upgrade customers on T or L fares.

So much for empowerment .....