FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Oneworld status showing on non-AA boarding pass
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:02 pm
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Old Oneworld status showing on non-AA boarding pass

Had a curious occurance on a recent trip. A few weeks ago, I booked flights on EI between LHR-DUB-LHR for last weekend on AA.com. I had been AAdvantage Platinum/Oneworld Sapphire for several years, but have dropped down to Gold/Rudy.

When I checked in at LHR on Friday morning, my EI boarding pass showed "SAPPHIRE" for some reason.

Has anyone else had this "old status" experience with Oneworld partner boarding passes recently? I've not had it happen on any AA flights, but haven't flown any other Oneworld carriers since.

I had no problem using the EI lounge at LHR on the flight over to DUB, and was not even asked for my AAdvantage card by the receptionist. However, at DUB on the return Monday morning, the receptionist at the lounge did ask to see my card, even though the same word (Sapphire) appeared on this boarding pass too. I fibbed and said I had lost it and some other documents and my replacement cards had not arrived yet... She let me in, but with an admonishment that she was making an exception as she "had no way of checking my status with AA on her system".

BTW, neither flight miles have yet posted, so do EI flights generally take a week or so to appear in one's AA account?