FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lima to Santiago: $65 and less by 1st class bus
Old Nov 8, 2005, 9:55 am
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by mellowg
<snip>
What is it about flying into EZE or SCL that makes it so damn prohibitively expensive?!
Probably not enough competition. About the same distance as Europe, but what a price difference

When I was researching my last year's Thanksgiving trip, I looked into long distance luxury buses from SCL or EZE to Tierra del Fuego, but in the end could not justify the amount of time spent traveling v. buying tickets and flying Aerolineas Argentinas / Tyrol. Unfortunatelly, when you have so much vacation time, days off become more valuable

That said, I've talked to plenty of travelers who do the luxury buses, often expressing time not in terms by hours spent, but number videos seen

This simply comes down to the issue of what the traveler has more of: time or money. I've read about people who work six months a year, and travel the rest. It's a great way to see the world, and while I'm tempted every time I see an episode of Globetrekker / Lonely Planet (the original name), so far I have resisted and so far decided to keep my day job

EmailKid