FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - mypoints emails have STOPPED coming in altogether
Old Nov 6, 2005, 12:30 am
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by paradocs
lin821: Thanks for the idea! You may be on to something. Actually, the letter I quoted above went on to suggest that. It gave examples of Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN and AOL accounts. I use Microsoft Outlook. I went into my contacts and added mypoints.com with an email address of [email protected]. I presume if you can do that for a Yahoo accnt. you can do it for an Outlook one, right?
Thanks for validating my suggestion. I am not sure which ISP you use for your email need and which account you signed up for Mypoints. I am not too techie but I will try my best here.

All the web-based email services now adopt spam filters, which means by default, any possible spam or junk mail is either 1) routed into the bulk/junk folder or 2) simply blocked via their central mail servers before it reaches the end user (meaning the user will never see it) unless the user requests otherwise. All the email accounts you'd mentioned (Yahoo, MSN...) are all web-based. When you "whitelist" Mypoints (such as [email protected]), the spam filter will then let it go through. I use web-based mail for Mypoints and that's why it worked for me.

You said you use Outlook. Microsoft Outlook is just one of the softwares/programs (or "tool") that people can use to retrieve/download emails. It is not your ISP and doesn't filter incoming mail by default. If you are not using any web-based email accoiunt, I am not sure it would be sufficient enough by adding mypoints to your addressbook. May I ask who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is? You have to clear with your ISP and see what kind of spam strategy they are using and how you can "whitelist" Mypoints. If they were using the #2 I had mentioed, it will be much trickier to unblock the possible spam. (Don't ask me how I knew about all of these though. ) I had the impression from your post that you are not receiving ANY bonus mail and am afraid your ISP is doing the #2 route to your bonus mail. Am I making sense to you?

That's the best I can do so far. If you need further assistance with this line of issue, you probably would have to try the Travel Technology forum. I learn quite a lot there.