FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in
Old Nov 4, 2005, 4:00 pm
luxury

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Wow.... I never expected this thread to grow so much!! Thank you very much.

I have stayed in two different kinds of suites at One Aldwych in London which were both very nice and comfortable given London standards. One Aldwych is a triangular shaped building and most of the best rooms (Deluxe) and suites are on the 3 ends of the triangle.

Executive Suite: 4th floor, on the end of the hotel overlooking Catherine Street and Aldwych towards the Strand Theatre. Large semi-circular living room with dining table for 4, sofa, 2 arm chairs, work desk, and a kitchen in the corridor leading from entrance into the room.
Bedroom is on the right as you enter the first outside door. Very comfortable, but a bit large for one person. Was given this as an upgrade.

Studio Suite: 3rd floor, on the end of the hotel overlooking Waterloo Bridge, Strand, and Lyceum (Lion King) Theatre. Had king bed, work desk, coffee table, sofa, two arm chairs and a bathroom with separate tub and shower. The views were awesome and I actually prefer this suite over the Executive Suite. This was also given to me as an upgrade. We held a party here for 12 of my friends and we had no issues with space at all.