FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in
Old Nov 4, 2005, 11:30 am
AirBoy

Programs: UA 1p
I see Le Sirenuse in Positano has been mentioned twice, let's make it three. Magic location, great food and service and pool loungers that are like twin beds.

Chateau Chevre d"Or in Eze, France. Perched above the sea with views over St, Jean cap Ferrat. Rooms 18 and 19 are large and airy and have unobstructed views and two large terraces, one for eating and one for sunbathing. Very private.

I also very much like the one bedroom suites at the Peninsula's in Hong Kong and Bangkok, but was really wowed by the two story suites at the Pen in Beijing. They come with club floor service one storey below. The floor is run like a machine of great service by the manager Mary Li. Truly remarkable service even for a Peninsula Hotel.

And peculiarly, the Winston Churchill suite at the Rock Hotel in Gibralter. The suite was just a one bedroom but very plush. The memorable part is that the room opened onto one of the largest private terraces I've seen with a view overlooking the mountains of North Africa. it looked like a matte painting. Service and ambiance at the Rock was just so, so.

Last edited by AirBoy; Nov 4, 2005 at 11:33 am Reason: Failure to pay rapt attention in typing class.