FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Munich City {DEU}
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by silversurfer
How is the City Hilton Munich like?? Do I get an upgrade as an HH Gold member?

Munich City Hilton is great. I am there now. I have spent around 40 nights here this year...and the staff all greet me personally. I'm sure you wouldn't get that in many US Hiltons - and don't get me started on the UK (non-London) ones.

Just make sure you aren't on the 4th floor, which is not renovated. All other rooms are EXACTLY the same - regular, delux and executive. Delux gives you better toileteries, and a guarantee of no 4th floor - executive gives you a rubber duck(!). All other furnishings are exactly the same. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th floor are very recently renovated, and are really comfortable with excellent desks, beds etc.

You will only get access to the (superb) lounge if you are on the exec floor, either upgraded or paid. This is new from one month ago, and the lounge is much less crowded. Golds and Diamonds do not get automatic access.

As a Gold, they MAY upgrade you one level (regular to delux, delux to executuve) - but often not, as Diamonds get priority in upgrades. Since becoming a diamond I have always been upgraded, and received execellent treatment, even on 99 Euro rates.

As a gold you will get water and fruit, and coupons for a full, hot breakfast (worth around 27 Euro/person!). Brekkie is excellent, both in lounge and restaurant.

Main gripe is HSI (internet). This is via Swisscom. You used to be able to use it for 30 minutes, 2 hours etc. The only option now is 24 hours for 27 Euro. This will change on 1st December, and then the only options will be 1 week for 108 Euro, or from 11 am to 2pm the next day for 27 Euro. This means that access for one day from 9am to 4pm will be a staggering 54 Euro.

Any other questions, let me know!

Regards