FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tax exempt after 30 days...?
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2005, 8:57 pm
Brendan

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Originally Posted by Corey78
Disclaimer: I did a search for 'tax exempt' and found 2 thread for government rates and none were attributed to 30 days... so no flames please, thanks

I recently received a quote from a Hilton Homewood for an extended stay rate. The quote reads "$XX + tax per night. Once 30 nights has been accumulated, you will be tax exempt and all previous and future taxes will be adjusted"

So, how does that work? How do you become tax exempt after 30 days? Also, according to a previous thread I was reading it appears that stays longer than 30 days receive no credit (according to Hilton's T&C I believe)... so, does this mean that day 31 receives no credit or none of the days will?

If its the latter than it might be nice to stay 31 days, get all taxes adjusted, get credits for 30 days, then check out, check in (assuming the nice hotel management would do this for me... I am staying for a total of 90 days).

So expert FTers... shed some light for me please! The T&C is freaking confusing and so is this tax exempt stuff!

Thanks! C
In most areas of the world, 30 days is the dividing line between a hotel stay vs. rental of a residential apartment for sales-tax purposes.

I remember a thread where an FTer complained & felt cheated by getting no points at all for a 32-day stay at a Starwood hotel under a similar rule, so I suggest U should call HHonors for clarification.