FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Big DO DOs - or A Kiwi Flyer's Month of Madness
Old Oct 26, 2005, 7:12 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER FLIGHT, BUT WHAT A FLIGHT!

When I left you a couple of posts above I had just returned from Australia. Then I had a couple of very hectic days with all the usual last minute stuff that needed to be dealt with - I swear sometimes seem to spend more time before and after a holiday getting things out of the way and then catching up, than do spend actually away.

But I digress. Didnt sleep much in this short spell at home. No, get your minds out of the gutter. First night did a lot of research for the next part of my month of madness. By the end I was seriously wondering if I have bitten off more than I can take. Oh well, plough on regardless I say. Second night was packing, washing etc getting ready followed by my usual trick before a big trip of not sleeping much at all.

Finally departure day dawns sunny and warm. Have I done everything I needed to? Probably not but it will have to do. Since the flight isnt early I again have the luxury of time and take the bus out to the airport. In fact have enough time that I get off at domestic terminal and take a leisurely walk across to international terminal. Its a busy time of day at AKL and so en route I see several take-offs and landings and a veritible hum of activity. The walkway is pleasant (unless you dont like the smell of avgas I guess), although not fully sheltered if the weather is foul.

Pull up to the check-in after the usual pre-screening of bags (as is always the case for SQ's flights to SIN). Ahh SQ F to look forward to and already I'm getting relaxed and in the mood. I am just so lucky to have the opportunity when I think of the countless others less fortunate. Funny how any (rare) F flight never fails to put me in a good mood.

So the (unfortunately all to usual) problems printing out my multiple boarding passes dont phase me and just chat away while they try to sort it out. Eventually they press the right buttons and out it spits. Pay the departure tax at the counter.

Pre-clear immigration at the special counter at the far left of the check-in area (next to Emirates check-in) and swiftly through security screening to the F lounge.