FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA and Partner Airline Award info, rules (NOT for oneworld Explorer Awards)
Old Oct 20, 2005, 9:30 am
johnep1

Originally Posted by pdb
1. You can change the return segments without affecting the outbound segments.
2. Booking originally with stopovers that you may not use can obviate a subsequent change fee; however, you will be subjecting yourself to additional airport taxes. Depending upon the airport and class of service (e.g. LHR & FC), you could find yourself paying taxes exceeding the change fee.
3. Changing segments, carriers, routings and/or stopovers would subject you to a change fee.

I believe that JonNYC posted an excellent thread (sticky) with lots of this information, comprehensively presented. Definitely worth reading.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware that just changing the return routing from PRG-ZRH-MIA-DCA to PRG-ZRH-BOS-DCA on a different day would have the change fee. Good to know about being able to keep the outbound even when reissuing the ticket to change the return.

As for the sticky, I believe that the thread we're posting to now is that thread. I've read the entire thing and still had a few questions. This thread is certainly worth bookmarking as it's one of the most useful. Always good to know the rules before calling AA so as to avoid wasting time.