FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Ticket Success - Post It Here
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2005, 8:55 am
PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Here are my recent SkySaver award experience:

December 2005 - Booked 1 ticket TPA-HNL-TPA in First Class for the week before Xmas, I originally booked it back in the Spring.

December 2005 - When Delta added the SLC-KOA flights (August I think), I called Delta and managed to hold 3 First Class tickets for TPA-KOA, HNL-TPA. I ended up only ticketing one of the 3.

December 2005 - In September, after a major schedule change, I managed to rebook my 1 First Class ticket to a very convenient TPA-SLC-KOA-SLC-TPA itinerary.

I list all three of the above even though I only have one ticket because I did find SkySavers for all three trips.

September 2005 - One week before the trip, I booked a coach TPA-SFO-TPA ticket for my baby's au pair (nanny). We had a few days flexibility on each end for her trip. I was not able to get her on any of the flights that my wife and I were traveling on (purchased tickets).

November 2005 - last week (about 5 weeks before scheduled travel), I held an upper class ticket MCO-LGW-MCO on Virgin. This is for a friend over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I had to make his return date one day later than his preferred date.