FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check in question for GLA when travelling onwards from LHR in F
Old Oct 18, 2005, 3:57 pm
Radioman

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by efincomputer
I'm a bit early with this question I know, but I had a question for our more seasoned premium travellers. If you're connecting from a local airport (in my case GLA) but travelling onward in F on the same PNR, does it entitle you to check in using the Club Europe or Silver/Gold check-ins? I'm guessing the answer will be yes, but i dont want to turn up and look like a prat or come across as a DYKWIA kind of person.

Help, as always, appreciated.

Efin
Hi Ya

Well I was on a GLA<>DUB flight yesterday in Club Europe. I had to stand around for near enough 15minutes to check in even though I am BA Silver as well. BA at GLA have done away with Silver/Gold checkin.

To make matters worse I used the selfservice checkin and then had to wait in the Quick Drop (what a joke that name is).

Anyway when talking to the checkin staff they are also not happy that this has been changed as it means Silve/Gold and Business Pax at GLA dont have any perks apart from the lounge access.

I was talking to the staff and said that I was going to complain about it as its a joke now. They said that they want people to complain about it and write in as they think they should still have the Silver/Gold checkin desk.

So there you go, sorry for that bit of bad news. But I will say that the staff are very good and will help you out with most things. Worth talking to them.

regards
RadioMan