FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Discussion Thread on Hawaiian's Service To/From Sydney
Old Oct 17, 2005, 10:34 pm
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ozstamps
That chart also shows that upgrades SYD-HNL are now 25,000 one way, so maybe they went up from 15,000 in fairly recent times? All plans seem to devalue at some point. It is 35,000 each way to USA West coast so the OZ deal is pretty good I guess in comparison, for near twice as much flying hours.
My bad. I think I misspoke about upgrades being 15K

The only way to get to 20,000 on one flight seems to try and get a fast comp to Platinum and get the 100% bonus, but I imagine that would be a VERY long shot? I am Platinum with United and with NW, so maybe it is worth a shot and ask them?
Iirc, last year HA suspended their comp programs after September; whether that was only for a time or permanently I don't know. There is something in the FAQ that slippahs put together in the Hawaii Forum about comps on HA, again iirc.

The only thing 10K HA miles are good for, as you point out, are 1 saver interisland RT, two one-way saver interisland RTs, or 1 1-way non-saver interisland trip.

However, one of the very nice things about the HA program is that those who hold the HA Visa card can have (up to 10x/year) mileage transferred to them from other members (who don't have to have the HA Visa) at no charge. Your 10K miles therefore might be worth something to someone who had something equivalent (or close) to trade.