FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:44 pm
BamaVol
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Wow, nice place you got here. Thank you for holding the door, Canarsie. Between the laptop and rollaboard, my hands are full. I'll take a gin and tonic and a seat in the la-z-boy while I fill out the survey. Do I get miles for filling out the survey?

1) Of all Skymiles members who die, what is the avg mileage account size at time of death? This would tell us how successfully miles are burned in retirement.

I'm not dead yet, but I'm working on it.

2) How many guys who got upgraded to first class hit on an FA, got to know her and married her?

Mrs BamaVol was an aspiring ballerina when I met her. That's far better than an FA.

3) What is the average age of a Delta FA?

40 and climbing.

4) Has anyone invented a package with maybe that blue ice stuff that will hold a sandwich and keep it cold for hours, of a size that fits in a handbag or overcoat pocket and thereby erase the lethality of airport food prices without constituting by itself a carryon piece?

I checked into my suite last night (around 1:30 am). There was a fruit and cheese platter growing bacteria on the counter. Probably placed there in the afternoon. Could have used the blue ice.

5) What is the average bust size of Delta FAs (excluding males)?

40 and drooping.

6) Why, as airplane improvements are made, do we hear of fuel efficiency advances and more seats and fancier interiors, but the friggen planes don't go any faster and LAX/ICN takes 11 hrs?

Not to mention the delays.

7) Why not hand out earphones in the jetway? Pick them up if you need/want them? The FAs don't need to be dealing with this.

What else do they have to do?

Can I get a refill over here?

Last edited by BamaVol; Oct 10, 2005 at 1:46 pm