FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:16 am
Cholula
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Owen
So one can talk about anything civilized here, I guess.

Here's something. The strategy of hoarding for retirement vs burn as you earn in a bankrupt airline.

Anybody know how many hoarded miles really get burned in retirement? Are the vigorous 70 yr olds doing vacations (what is a vacation from retirement, btw?) with their lifetime's accumulation all that numerous?

Okay, why don't I just make a list of questions and we can all frown at and the answers to which no one probably knows.

1) Of all Skymiles members who die, what is the avg mileage account size at time of death? This would tell us how successfully miles are burned in retirement.

2) How many guys who got upgraded to first class hit on an FA, got to know her and married her?

3) What is the average age of a Delta FA?

4) Has anyone invented a package with maybe that blue ice stuff that will hold a sandwich and keep it cold for hours, of a size that fits in a handbag or overcoat pocket and thereby erase the lethality of airport food prices without constituting by itself a carryon piece?

5) What is the average bust size of Delta FAs (excluding males)?

6) Why, as airplane improvements are made, do we hear of fuel efficiency advances and more seats and fancier interiors, but the friggen planes don't go any faster and LAX/ICN takes 11 hrs?

7) Why not hand out earphones in the jetway? Pick them up if you need/want them? The FAs don't need to be dealing with this.
Owen....a pretty provocative and challenging set of questions!!
Welcome to The Lounge, BTW!!
I'm getting ready to jump on a plane to Sin City but want to tackle some of those questions when I get a chance....