FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018
Old Oct 10, 2005, 7:55 am
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The Delta Forum Lounge thread is currently an experiment that is on a trial basis for 60 days starting from the date of the first milepost and is supported by the majority of FlyerTalk moderators and the TalkBoard president. It is an idea that, to my knowledge, has not been officially tried, so the guidelines posted above may change whenever necessary as this thread commences.

This thread is not only unique in the fact that, as a result of a vote, it was approved by a majority of the FlyerTalk moderators and the TalkBoard president to give this thread a trial period, but it was resolved that moderators of other FlyerTalk forums will also have the option of launching similar “Lounge” threads if they so choose. The vote and decision, which took place live and in-person in a meeting room, was personally witnessed by Randy Petersen. While there were some FlyerTalk moderators who rightfully had reservations about launching a thread such as this (and their concerns were absolutely justified), the discussion was quite pleasant, thoughtful, detailed and civil. In fact, many FlyerTalk moderators have generously donated a lot of their time and input into the Delta Forum Lounge project, and their contributions are greatly appreciated.

I am proud to belong to a team of open-minded FlyerTalk members who are incredibly dedicated to FlyerTalk, its community and its spirit. I thank them for the opportunity to launch the Delta Forum Lounge thread and to try out this idea.