FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 11: Rename Your Platform of Specific Ideas
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:57 pm
Cholula
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
My issues are fairly simple:

First, I want to be your representative on TalkBoard and represent your views....not my views or the views of the guy in seat 21B who has no interest in FlyerTalk.

Secondly, I'd welcome suggestions for additional forums on FT that would interest the current members and perhaps attract new members.

Thirdly, and not to beat the proverbial dead horse , but I'd again like to state a need for the FlyerTalk experience to be simplified and streamlined for new and experienced members alike.
We have an enormous amount of information at our fingertips and a post I see with increasing frequency from new users...and a few experienced ones....is "I searched for XXX but can't find the info so here's my question". Perhaps we need a better online tutorial about search techniques on FT. Or maybe a more robust, user-friendly search engine. Or perhaps a re-ordering of the way our forums, threads and information is arranged.
I know that FlyerTalk can be daunting for users and if we want to grow at an accelerated pace, we need to provide a simplified experience for all members.