FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 10: Describe Your Skiils/Qualities
Old Oct 9, 2005, 8:41 pm
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe that I would make a good represenative for the TalkBoard because of who I am. I am a leisure traveler (~100K EQMs for leisure this year) and will soon be a business traveler (I just switched positions within my company & will soon be a trainer for my company & will be traveling several times a month for business) - because of this, I am in tune with the needs of the different kinds of members. There are a lot of business travelers & leisure travelers - having experience as both, I can appreciate their needs & interests.

I believe that I have been a very fair moderator and do not play favorites in any way. I have re-opened threads that I had previously closed as I had received input from members on why my decision wasn't necessarily the best course of action & I have recognzied that they may have been correct. Any time I have edited or deleted posts, I have always made it a point to ensure the poster in question is immediately notified and have always welcomed feedback from members.

As a member, I understand the distinction between being a moderator and a member - the only reason I am on FlyerTalk is because of my love for the place. When I first joined FT, I was asked to create a username. In college, my username was given to me - it consisted of a combination of my first, middle, and last name - since I don't have a middle name, I was assigned X. When I joined FT - I never realized how involved in it I would become - and since bhatnasx was a name I had never seen before & probably would never see anywhere else - I figured that it would be a good username for FT. Now, do I regret that? When I go to DO's or DC Happy Hours, no one ever knows how to pronounce my username (hell, I don't know how to pronounce my username!) - had I known that I would be a regular poster, I would have picked something creative (and something people could say!) - how does this help answer the question you asked, letoile? I think it kind of reflects my dedication to this board - I came here with the impression that I wouldn't be staying. I came here with the impression that I wouldn't regularly post. I ended up loving it so much that I not only stayed on - I am now running for an advisory position on it. I am dedicated to FlyerTalk - and given my experiences as a moderator & what I believe to be my strong character as a person, I believe that I possess the qualities to be a fair, open-minded, and strong-willed member of TalkBoard. I know I care about the future of FlyerTalk and I know that those that I will be voting for do as well.