FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It’s Time to Show some Gratitude!
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2005, 2:59 pm
cygone

Flyingformiles,

You are correct what AMEX did is not the same thing as what GP did. Amex accidentally released information about my personal portfolio account. It resulted in me having to sell some stock. Transfer mutual funds back to the originating company and about two days on the telephone. And it took them quite a while to realize the information had been leaked. Some speculation is the information was leaked over one year ago.

Now I have had two credit cards with fraudulent charges from Florida and have had to cancel them both and have reissues done. If I had my choice; believe me it is much easier to fill out the couple of pages of fraud documentation from the credit card company than to go thru the Amex experience again.

Certainly GP has made a mistake and if you have any actual loses, because of the mistake you may be able to approach GP about the losses you sustained. If it is just an inconvenience I sure hope GP is nicer to you than AMEX was to me. Amex charged me to close my account after they did not safeguard my personal information.