FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2005, 6:10 pm
paul577

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
The Hyatt is a nice property. The Italian Restaurant is great ( and not SO expensive). Dong Khoi street is 2 minutes walk with many Vietnamese and 'fusion' restaurants ( I have never had a problem with them in respect of stomach problems..) The Hotel is decorated in old style, old pictures and paintings, window shutters, wooden floors...but vey modern facilities. I couldn't get the aircon to work well and mentioned the problem on departure. A couple of weeks later got an email from the manager saying that they were fixing that issue and also providing instruction cards in the rooms on how to adjust the aircon. October is not a bad time to visit...toward the end of the rains and not too hot.
The staff at the Hyatt were great...very well-trained and enthusiastic. I enjoyed it and I am a bit torn between it and the Sheraton for future visits
cheers

Originally Posted by Karen2
What about proximity to safe eating near the hotel? I figure the restaurants will be expensive inside plus we want to eat Vietnamese food - not Italian made by Vietnamese. I was advised to find a better time of year than late Oct. Beastly hot, I am told! Is the hotel entirely new or a remodeled building? The picture of the entrance looks like a historic facade.