FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance and safety
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:13 pm
StSebastian

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
As an ex-DH family we saw some of the maintenance stuff, and they're not interested in causing any problems or intentionally cutting corners but like most business today are definately trying to squeeze all of the efficiency and use out of their mechanics and staff that they can. I'd heard about the issue in question before it was published by the FAA since it was sent in the internal newsletter. I'd believe the "paperwork" was just misplaced and that work wasn't done, but the rest of the maintenance checks and pilot walkarounds were completed. It's not like the flight crew tried to get on the plane while intoxicated (HP situation if you don't know).

I don't have any problem flying with them -- I've done it a number of times. I'd be more worried about NW right now than anyone else, especially with some of the news that's come out in the last few days. DH still has their staff that knows their planes.