FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CoMETS is now available for Mac OS X and for Windows
Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:02 am
MKE-MR

Programs: *G, ow Saph
^ ^ ^ SeattleFred!!

I meant to post feedback many days ago when I first saw mention of this tool. Life, however, got in the way, and I haven't had time to sit down and write anything/bump a thread.

This tool flat-out rocks, for those of us who like to geek out to the max. You can track itineraries, arrival and departure times, food served, upgrades attained, tail numbers flown, EQM/EQS YTD, cost per mile, both redeemable and elite qualifying, and probably a few things I'm forgetting.
I hit the airline's web site and grab status info after the flights, just cause it's fun to have a complete record, but more practically, I love being able to see how much I've spent on travel for the year, and how my runs have helped me.

A few issues already known (I put them here just because this seems to be the feedback spot, even though I've already passed them along in PM):

Time zones are not completely implemented, so duration of flight will sometimes get odd.
Starting in the middle of the year on tracking this stuff will yield some bogus calculations on the "year to date" but that's not a fault of the program, just of my poor record keeping before I used this.
And there was something else I'm forgetting. I think it was an inability to edit some field, but SeattleFred is already aware of it.

A great tool and I'm completely attached to it already. ^