FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:55 pm
Stefan Daystrom

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by paradocs
Thanks dxtraveller and cornroaster for posting the links and details. I think a $25 minimum is a bit prohibitive. I wonder if it is the way the idine bonuses are going in the future?
They have been that way multiple times in the past, too, but far from universal then and still far from universal now.

The Build Your Bonus at BA back in Aug/Sep had a $25/dine minimum, but the new double miles on first two dines doesn't (tho it'd be silly to waste your only two doubled dines on cheap dines!).

UA had some promo last year that had a $25/dine minimum (I forget which one), but hasn't had a $25/dine minimum on promos since (including no per-dine minimum on either their recent Build Your Bonus which had no minimum of any kind, or their current RSVP, although their current RSVP requires a higher TOTAL spending per month than most of the other RSVP variations).

Given that the $150 total dining spend is the exact same amount that AA Gold/Plat/EXP members have needed to earn the AA elite 500 bonus miles/month, it's THAT TOTAL dining spend minimum which seems to be gaining ground as I see it, more than any per-dine minimums. (Until early this year, the AA elite bonus only required 3 dines a month, no minimum!)