FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate global A/D/LONE3/4/5/6 pricing
View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2005, 4:22 am
hvisti

Originally Posted by ReelChief
I had been figuring on taxes and surcharges adding about 10% to an AONE4 ex-CAI. However, I have just ticketed mine in the last day and on the base fare of EGP 41680 (which includes paying for an extra economy segment), the taxes/surcharges were EGP 5880-- i.e., more than 14%. It has been arranged directly with BA-CAI. Be prepared.
I managed to get my AONE3 ticketed the day before BA increased the fuel surcharge. Despite that, the tax part was about 12% of the ticket price. Significantly more than about a year ago.

It seems that at least on BA some of the charges are dependent on the class of travel. I'm not absolutely sure about that but a friend of mine got her LONE4 priced last week and the taxes&stuff were about half of my AONE3 taxes. Of course the routing affects this as well. Last March I booked a first class award ticket HEL-LHR-JNB // CPT-LHR-HEL and the extra charge was 170€. I asked BA why on earth it can be so much and they just explained "it is a first class ticket and it is more expensive than L or D".

/hv