FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - America West and US Airways Announce Changes to Expanded Frequent Flyer Programs
Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:27 pm
PHLDividends

Programs: US Chairman's, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Etc.
How many segments needed for Elite?

Don't know if anyone else has been wondering, but I called the GP desk and got an answer to the question that was bothering me -- whether you will need 120 segments this year for CP or just 100, like in the past. According to GP desk, "the merger is effective November 15, so if you're already working towards 100 segments this year and get 100 by the end of the year, CP will be good through Feb. 2007." But to qualify through Feb. 2008, you'd have to get 120 segments next year. Nice to get an easy answer from customer service!

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
Overall I'm happy with this. I think making a platinum level at 75K was expected, but it's a nice gesture to give HP Elites CP status until February.

Also, does this mean the 20K domestic award for preferred members is going away? Also, is the online booking bonus going to be only 500 miles from now on?

Regarding only a 25% bonus for SP's.