FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American's Lowest Fare Guarantee Bogus
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2005, 11:44 am
CBrokaw

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite
American's Lowest Fare Guarantee Bogus

On Friday, I purchased a roundtrip ticket from AA for $1400 even though Orbitz was showing the same flight and fare class for $999. The reason why I purchased was AA's low fare guarantee, where I would be refunded the difference in price and a $50 credit.

What was required was the name of the competing website and screenshots if the price could not be verified. I had both. I'm not sure how AA verifies fares, but prices change all the time, so I knew I had to rely on screenshots.

I printed screenshots of every page up until I had to purchase the ticket...even including the fare codes. Each page was sized to fit a regular sheet of paper. AA would not accept the screenshots via email, so I had to fax them to AA.

AA came back and said that the print was illegible, even though I could just read it fine. I asked what part needed to be enlarged, but was not told. I asked AA to simply check the Orbitz site and they can see everything that I could even though the price by this time has gone up $100.

AA refused to do so and said that they looked on Expedia and denied my claim. I never even mentioned Expedia...only Orbitz. AA also refused to call me to let me talk to someone to discuss this. The number listed for AA.com Low Fare Guarantee only sent me to customer reps claiming that they could explain the program, but not do anything about my situation. I could only email the Low Fare group.

Can anyone give me some advice on what I should do? Had anyone had a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.