FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop Press: Yahoo! Lounge Calendar Replacement
Old Sep 24, 2005, 4:35 pm
BA97

Programs: BA Gold
Stop Press: Yahoo! Lounge Calendar Replacement

ORIGINAL POST
Greetings, fellow BA board members

For some time I have been working on a replacement for the Yahoo! Lounge calendar which fbgdavidson, PhilH and schofs were manually maintaining for the benefit of the general populous, and which has recently met its demise. The general idea was to have a self-maintaining replacement not requiring intervention by administrators as the Yahoo! version did.

My effort at doing this can be found at http://www.ba97.com/calendar.asp

There is a brief user guide there to explain what each of the screens in the calendar does, and you don't have to join to check the calendar out, just follow the link from the homepage. The significant difference here is that you input the sectors you have coming up, and through a combination of your elite memberships and travel class it deduces which lounges you're eligible to use. You then indicate which lounge(s) you're going to visit and at what time. If lounges are missing, you can add new ones.

Please PM me with any feedback or problems, or email me on [email protected].

UPDATE: November 2005
Hello again everyone,

There have been a couple of changes to the tool (driven by user request - some software lifecycle ):
  • Calendar Filtering - Now you can filter the slots displayed on the calendar based on region(s) from which they originate. With so many sectors appearing on there this should make things more readable.
  • Flight Report Filtering - You can now narrow down the sectors shown on your flight report by year, with new distance statistics at the bottom calculated on this basis.

A lot going on now up to Christmas, so watch out for more improvements in the New Year.

UPDATE: January 2006
Hi folks,

I've added some suggestions from this thread:

BAW845_Matt: JER is listed as UK Domestic when I logged it as economy - can it be changed to ET?
PhilH: A filter to show only ex-LHR/LGW would be the best option as that's where people are most likely to be able to meet up on BA.
Kiwi Flyer: the calendar by origin declutters nicely. Is there a list somewhere we can see what countries/airports are included in which region?
GBOAC: 'Export as CSV' for our flight data perhaps

Also, you can now flip the display on your flight diary between airport codes and the city name.

Enjoy!

Last edited by BA97.com; Jan 2, 2006 at 4:16 pm