FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Intentionally missing a connection/segment: what happens?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 3:36 pm
kevinsac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Yep....the entire reservation will be cancelled. If you miss any flight, all subsequent segments on that itinerary will be x-ed.

Making a change is possible....but at this date, probably quite expensive. First of all, the tix would be rebooked at the current available fares. At this late date, very few excursions/advanced purchase fares still eligible. (OP does not say in which class he is booked. If full fare C or F, then this latter statement may not be true.)

But also realize, the proposed re-booking would be a new city pair. Flights into and out of FRA are often very expensive, whereas tix to further cities (even when transiting FRA) are less. For the Olympics, a R/T tix in F LAX to FRA was about $11,900. However, when we booked LAX-FRA-ATH R/T in F (a 4-hour additional flight, albeit in C), the tix were only $8,900.

LOL.....go figure.

Edited: [Opps. I'm sorry. I thought I was in the LH forum. Nevertheless, the price differences are still relevant.]

Last edited by kevinsac; Sep 22, 2005 at 3:39 pm