FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2005, 12:30 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

The best advertising in the world

Originally Posted by MIKEM
I forgot to add the following to my OP. My boss checks in and goes to the room. He grabs a brew from the in-room frig and notices it is not as cold as he would like. He calls room service and orders a beer - explaining the situation. Five minutes later there is a knock on the door. Two guys have a new, fully stocked, frig and a bucket of ice with six beers in it. They say to him, "sorry for the frig problem, here's a bucket of beer on-the-house." My boss still tells this story - he was very impressed.
You have the right audience here. I admire those kinds of stories.
Brilliant gesture. ^
If we can only get the rest of the troops in from other properties for a few refresher courses.
Having had mini bar problems in a number of hotels I would be floored to have such consideration for such a problem.
Usually don't even call to get the problem fixed as it can take hours to resolve if at all.
When I have witnessed that degree of kindness in the past I try to find some way to increase long term business with the property and or purchase more during my stay with other hotel services, food and beverage charges in gratitude.Thanks for the post