FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - flying blue award Ticket booking online sucks
Old Sep 16, 2005, 4:14 am
Emma65

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by jrob747400
Do you guys know if they are working on the online sys? It's a joke. I tryed to book a award ticket online (open miles) form IAH to AMS on KL. It keep on telling me it's 80k and $4984.60 usd. And when I try booking online it never tickets.
Are you kidding me?

I was on the phone the other day with a guy (tricked the system and pretended to want to book an award ticket but actually wanted to find out when the heck I'm getting my bleeping card!) and asked him why it has to be so complicated to book an award?

- what do you mean?
- Well, to find an award to US and not having to use open miles you have to try date after date after date, even all sorts of date combinations. Why can't you just have a system that will show you the various availabilities for various miles in the period requested?

Honest to god, this is the guy's response:

- I will write a letter to microsoft and ask them to buld a computer that can do that.

Yes, a few days on I'm still picking up my jaw off the floor.

I did tell him that Microsoft does not need to build new computers for this feature but that all that is needed is them having people in their IT and web department who actually THINK and also who know what they are doing. And oh yes, I did add that Continetal do exactly what I asked.

Then the guy goes snippy and asks me if I have an actual question. So I move on to the card issue.

At the end of the conversation I ask for availability to US in December - any date and any destination will do. So he checks. LHR-CDG-JFK shows availability in Y for 50k miles return. Looks like there is for the entire month. I'm adviced to check online. To which I tell him that online all I find is openmiles, if I'm lucky, and nothing else and I do have other things to do with my days than to sit and enter dates in to the webinterface to find what I want. And it would be so much easier if the site could just suggest dates to me....

- Madam, do you have an actualy question?

I give up and put the phone down.

/E

Last edited by Emma65; Sep 16, 2005 at 4:18 am