FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PIT will lose all mainline service
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2005, 1:29 am
chalf
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ClueByFour
Huh?

If AA would bring back PIT-JFK, they would fill it with international traffic.

AA has had eagle on the ORD runs for years--they've chased the frequency (5x or so/day) rather than capacity. I don't know of too many people who are going to tolerate the CRJ all the way to DFW (presumably to connect west/south) rather than AA or UA via ORD or LUV or HP/US via PHX or LAS or US on the E170 if heading to DFW.

Oh well.
The PIT-DFW flights have been completely full on MD-80s every time I have flown on them. Even as PLT, I never had an upgrade clear.

I can't argue with the economics. I just hope that AA uses the opportunity to increase frequency. I have noticed that when connecting LGW-DFW-PIT particularly on the winter schedule it is impossible to connect from an afternoon departure.

I would support a few daily PIT-JFK frequencies, timed to connect with a bank of transatlantic flights (as DL does). It makes little sense to backtrack to ORD when flying transatlantic, particularly as this increases the flight length. It would also increase opportunities to connect to JFK-LHR/ZRH/BRU etc. flights as well as other OW partners (AY to HEL, CX to YVR/HKG, MA once they enter OW).