FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chapter 11 Now rather than Later
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:08 am
L Dude 7

Originally Posted by mid
Also, DH has policies and prices that appeal to last minute travellers as well as leisure travellers. The thing is: a change fee on DH is something like $35. On United, it's about $100. If you travel for business like I do, then which one would you choose if there was even the slightest chance that you might have to change your flight?

A LOT of travellers on DH are finding out that they are more convenient from IAD for last minute travel and they are more flexible when it's necessary to change plans. I'm one of them. A BIG reason why I'm choosing them for travel to BOS is that they have a MUCH lower change penalty. I also get to leave from the B-gates at IAD (which I can walk to) than the G or C-gates. Another plus.
In the short run, FlyI is very pro-consumer. I do not think that you will find much argument there. The dot-coms were also very pro-consumer. You could get $10 off a 50 pound bag of dog food and have it shipped for free. However, these pro-consumer models don't earn enough money for the company to stay around. FlyI is not a philanthropy. It's a business.