FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chapter 11 Now rather than Later
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2005, 7:07 pm
Cohiba

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
If US or UA ever treated me or my family poorly, I wouldn't fly them. I'm sorry, but UA and US are much more valuable than DH to the industry. The day DH liquidates, many won't even blink. If UA liquidated, that would be a different story.
No doubt a UA or DL liquidation, which is not likely, would have a more farreaching impact on the industry and on more consumers, employees, etc. Yet, while such a scenario could be significant to many, a DH liquidation would be just as significant to another group of people, even if that group is not as large. Still, I don't think you can put value on something totally by quantity.

Furthermore, there is a converse to this argument. Because UA and DL are so large, their demise could have a much more positive impact on the industry and consumers than the same taking place at DH (I'm wearing another's shoes here as I don't think a DH demise is a good thing, period). Clearly many want DH to fail, but you said it yourself, that won't change the industry-wide capacity much. The US airline sector needs to see a couple majors kicked to the curb.

Cheers.

Last edited by Cohiba; Sep 14, 2005 at 7:11 pm