FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NO, NO, NO! U cannot access the Lima Salones VIP w a ticket bkd in 'D' BIZ class!
Old Sep 10, 2005, 6:20 pm
tvl4free

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I just received an e-mail from Taca Salones VIP saying that free award travel (on D) allows for lounge access at ONLY the TA-operated lounges (such as SAL).
Hmmmmm............grrrrrrr.

Did you e S-VIP too? I wonder how many others did as well? Might I ask why? Didn't you read me and SAPMAN's e's... and S-VIP's answers? Wouldn't copies of those have been enuf to get you into the Lounge... with just a little finesse? (I am now visualizing copies of your letter framed at the LIMA LOUNGE entrance. And this is NOT a pretty picture in my mind!).

I have long felt that this was going to be problematic if we didn't handle it carefully - or pressed S-VIP too often and too hard. In fact, I said so very early on in this thread, IIRC. So I sincerely hope that we havn't sc****d ourselves on this one.

Cos the LIMA LOUNGE is certainly one of the top 2 or 3 benefits that come with flying Clase Ejecutiva. Might I remind us that flying TACA to South America can involve a Southwest type 'hop scotch' game of 3 flights, 2 redeyes, plus an 8 hour layover neatly tucked in between. And THAT initial 5.5 hour flight on an narrow body Airbus out of LAX to SJO approaches the limit of tollerance. So I would submit that my little oasis of a lounge in LIMA... where the ORANGE JUICE MACHINE RULES SUPREME... is truly one of the best things that TACA still has going for itself.

Perhaps some of you don't know it yet, but TACA has re-invented itself as a LCC and has become THE KING OF CHEAP UP FRONT. By all comparisons, including the regional competition, TA now offers truly dismal BC service, folks! (I'm using SQ, MH, CX, AA, COPA, AV and CO as comparison BC stds). Let's be clear: one of the best things I like about TACA is that there are lots and lots of smiles (just as advertised in the onboard magazine). And I do like TACA. But the service up front scrapes bottom. And friendly faces doesn't really change that fact.

You'll see what I mean when your time comes. Cheap, cheap, white plastic service ware everywhere imitates china! And even the airborne Chillean champagne is served in mini-plastic! No linens are offered anymore. Instead the tray is served up w the big, rough industrial 'Brawny type' paper towel. And gone are the days of pillows and blankies (with possible exception on some flights out of LIM). And for simplicity's sake, the same basic meal is now offered on every flight systemwide! So southbound to EZE you're gonna get a triple dosing of the same 'meal.' And I really hate to use the word 'meal.' In short, you're gonna get a sandwhich with the 'Debbie's cake' or the 'flan-like' trimmings. My best guess is that the grand total on your Clase Ejecutiva 'aero snacklette' might have cost TACA $3.50. Perhaps less, considering that TACA purchases in bulk.

But the cheeze on your ham and cheeze sandwhich will be perfectly melted, I should add.

So the LIMA LOUNGE ROCKS admidst the Sea of Cheap. I hope we don't lose it!

Last edited by tvl4free; Sep 11, 2005 at 8:36 am