FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What meals do you take onboard LCC flights?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 9:21 am
voyageuse

Leaving from our hub airport Montreal Canada, seems to add on airport/ flight/ transit time to our travels, because we always need to go thru another airport to get to our final destination. So, I always bring a lunch and snacks.

I can't eat alot at one time, so I tend to pick at my food along the way. I usually bring for hubby and I, sealed mini carrots bag, 1 small tub of philly dip, small individually wrapped assorted cheese packets, individually wrapped melba toast packets, assorted nuts in ziplock, and homemade gourmet deli wraps, or for variation I use flavored bagles or kaiser rolls, or any other type of filling bread I fancy. I usually bring a small bottle of red wine for each of us to accompany our meal.

As for the snacks its usually more for hubby's sweet tooth, granola bars, stuffed dates, homemade healthy cookies and muffins.

I am not a big fan of pre-made foods, as I watch my health closely, so I tend to cook more than the usual housewife. But anyone could adapt the above with similar store bought items.

I would love to bring much more different foods but we need to watch what we take across the border, so this limits our airplane meals.