FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond upgrade/Loung access
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by bruin
I just stayed at the Hilton Munich Park and was denied access to the executive lounge as a Diamond member. The desk staff told me that this is the policy and all European Hiltons now follow this policy. However, this was not the case with several other European Hiltons I stayed at within the past week. The letter explaining the new policy is as follows:

Dear Guest,

Access to the Executive Lounge goes hand-in-hand with having a room on the Executive Floor. This can be done by PAYING FOR IT or by receiving an upgrade due to Gold or Diamond VIP status.

Most of our Gold & Diamond VIP's have been fortunate in the past and have always been upgraded to the Executive Floor, however this may not always happen and it important that they are aware of this.

In Vertretung

Lee Scott

Hilton Hhonors Kundendienst Team
Cadogan Square Glasgow
[email protected]

(all capitalizations and punctuations are exactly as in the letter)
In my last 2-3 stays at the Munich Park (last few months) I have been denied lounge access. I have also never received a room upgrade - they always claim they are full, though if I try to book a room on the web after I check in, executive rooms are magically available. They don't offer breakfast in the main restaurant either, but after some argument at checkin they agree to provide it free - and then try to charge when I go into breakfast. This has now happened a few times, and is annoying - so I try to avoid staying there now.

Munich City still seems to give access to lounge, but recently I have not received upgrades there either - I used to always get a one-class upgrade (standard to deluxe, deluxe to executive). They always give (a very good) breakfast to gold/diamond.