FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If you are a Citigold member.
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2005, 6:46 pm
dolmar

Originally Posted by happyvoid
was the $200 offer for upgrading to the citigold account? So you were able to upgrade the existing account to citigold?

Also, you sure that when you are citigold member, all checking accounts are free of maintainance charges?

Yes all account are maintainace free. I keep a checking account just to pay all my medical bill and medical insurnace premium. I keep in the account between 100-300 always and transfer funds as need. I never been charged anything on my medical account not even for checks or using Quicken on that account. I get a seperate statement on that checking and a seperate year end statement just covering that 1 checking account. I just give that report to my accountant at the end of the year to figure out my tax deductions for my medical expensses based on that year end statement.

I can see that account online under my Citigold account. I also can see the balance and take out money with my Citigold Atm card at Atm machines. The statement says the account is called "Everything Counts" . Requirements for that account according to Citbank web page is either $10K in cash and investments or 25K in loans.

But again like i said in my first post Citibank will waive extra fee based on the size of your account. I do 1-2 International wire transfers a month and have never been charged 1 cent. They waive the fee on computer checks for me that is not normally waived either.

I have friends who I refered to Citigold back about 4-5 years ago when they gave you $200 Saks Gift card for each person who you refer who open an account with Citigold. Some of them have asked and where unable to get free computer checks or wire transfers but have extra Checking account for there children with no fees at all. Citibank can household accounts. I know my account is household with my parrent and my brothers account. I have had my account balance at times under 100K still not been charged anything either. As a matter of fact when I bought my new home 2 years ago my account balance went down to like 20K for 5-6 months I never got charged anything either.

Last edited by dolmar; Sep 5, 2005 at 6:49 pm